Thieme’s classic, indispensable guide to sectional imaging of the cranium
Now in a revised and expanded fourth edition, this exquisitely illustrated text/atlas by renowned experts, provides you with the cognitive tools to visualize and interpret CT and MR images of the cranium. In exacting detail, the normal structures of the brain, as seen in the three orthogonal planes (axial, sagittal, and coronal), are revealed with unparalleled accuracy, making the volume a highly useful aid in daily practice, for teaching, and to provide an anatomic baseline for research on the brain.
Beyond the clinical utility of the contents, the work is an aesthetic pleasure to behold, making learning and comprehension of complex material as simple and easy as possible.
- Detailed brain anatomy shown in the three orthogonal planes; two-page spreads showing imaging studies keyed to the graphics using numbers that are consistent throughout
- Graphic representation of the major arterial and venous territories, and CNS spaces, supra- and infratentorial
- The most important neurofunctional systems revealed in multiplanar parallel sections, including detail on the potential sites of lesions and corresponding neurologic deficits
- New to the fourth edition:
- All X-ray and CT-/MR images replaced with new high-resolution CT and MR images
- High resolution 3-Tesla MR images of the brainstem, 7-Tesla-images, fractional anisotropy (FA) maps as well as quantitative susceptibility maps (QSM)
- New material on temporal bone, brain maturation, neurofunctional systems
- Clinical context updated and expanded
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy is an essential reference guide for neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by many neurologists.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https: //medone.thieme.com.
This item is Non-Returnable.
Note: Only Radiology member can download this ebook. Learn more here!